December 15, 2011
- Ice Skating at The St. Regis in Buckhead
- WIN 2 Tickets to "Garden Lights, Holiday Nights"
- Macaroni Kid 2011 Holiday Gift Guide
- Holiday Gift Guide GRAND PRIZE
- Moore's Martial Arts Holiday Camp
- Concourse Athletic Club Holiday Camps For Kids!
- ODYSSEO by Cavalia : REVIEW
- This Week's Macaroni Deal - Design a Skirt!
- Macaroni Kid Reader Discounts!
- 8 Ways to Celebrate Chanukah
- The Adventures of Tintin Hits Theatres Wednesday
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Cinnamon Ornaments
- Reindeer Pancakes Anyone?
- CD REVIEW: Let it Out, by Mike Schmid
- Restaurant Directory: Kids Eat Free & Cheap
- SVM Macaroni Kid Mom’s Group Directory
Michelle Elliott - Coon Rapids, MN Publisher
Mike Schmid's fifth solo album is for kids of ALL ages. Let It Out is about expressing yourself in every possible way: dancing, dreaming, painting, singing. It is about being yourself in every situation, a message that is resonant to kids and adults alike. For Mike, this album was a perfect opportunity to work with his 4-year-old son in the studio, a natural inspiration for songwriting.
I recently received a copy of Let it Out for review and listened to it with my kids. They were inspired by the music and lyrics. They have been singing "Let's Have a Party" and "Shake It" as they dance around the house. I really loved the messages that Mike relayed in his songs. These songs aren't all about dancing and singing along (although we did dance & sing), all of the songs had a deeper meaning. Telling kids to "Be Yourself", "Go Easy" and "Dream". Excellent songwriting and compelling music and lyrics make this CD a great pick!
Find more information on Mike Schmid and his music at mikeschmid.com.
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC