January 25, 2012
- Putting My Macaroni Kid To Work....
- WIN 4 TICKETS TO THE PRINCESS AND THE GOBLIN
- WIN A Family 4-Pack to "The Golden Ticket"
- Enter to Win a ONE FOR THE MONEY Prize Pack!
- WIN a Copy of "Treasure Buddies"
- Ticket Update!
- Macaroni Kid Reader Discounts! READ THIS!
- We're Working on a Preschool Directory!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Popcorn Balls - Macaroni Made
- Speaking of Popcorn....
- On TV: "To Save a Life"
- Pancake and Sausage Muffins
- Welcome New Subscribers!
- Restaurant Directory: Kids Eat Free & Cheap
- SVM Macaroni Kid Mom’s Group Directory
The Atlanta Opera Will Have 4 Performances at Cobb Energy Centre Beginning March 3
The second production in The Atlanta Opera’s 2011-12 season is a comic opera called The Golden Ticket, based on the classic children’s book “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” by Roald Dahl. In this story, a young boy named Charlie finds a “golden ticket” admitting him into Willy Wonka’s top-secret chocolate factory where he encounters chocolate rivers, inflating blueberries, magic elevators and other delights. The Golden Ticket is a poignant tale about wishes coming true.
The opera will be sung in English with English Supertitles and run approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes. Music is by Peter Ash and Libretto by Donald Sturrock.
The Golden Ticket is appropriate for children aged 7 – 18. Younger children who are particular fans of music and theater or mature for their ages may also find this 2 ½ hour opera enjoyable. The Golden Ticket is based on the book "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory." It is not based on the 1977 musical movie version starring Gene Wilder and does not contain any of the same music. Composer Peter Ash has fashioned a fully orchestrated, contemporary opera that is melodic and exciting, meant to entertain both young and more mature audiences. Note: The Atlanta Opera offers a Pre-Opera Talk beginning one hour prior to the performance to introduce ticketholders to the opera they are about to experience. Recommended for first-timers!
CLICK HERE to see a video preview and introduction for The Golden Ticket.
There will be four performances at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre:
Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 8 pm
Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 7:30 pm
Friday, March 9, 2012 at 8 pm
Sunday, March 11, 2012 at 3 pm
More information, including full cast and credits, available at http://www.atlantaopera.org.
Family 4-Packs for The Golden Ticket on Sale Now
The Atlanta Opera is now offering a Family 4-Pack for The Golden Ticket. The 4-Pack includes four tickets and a chocolate treat for $150. Available for a limited time only, call 404-881-8885 or 1-800-35-OPERA (Mon-Fri, 9 am-5 pm). Indulge your senses with The Atlanta Opera.
$15 child tickets* are also available for all performances (limit 1 per adult ticket purchased at full price) by calling 404-881-8885. *Limited availability. Offers cannot be combined.
Want to Win? Here's How to Enter
- Email me at [email protected] with subject "GOLDEN TICKET" by Wednesday. Feb. 1 at 10am. Please include your name and phone number. (Mandatory).
- 2 BONUS ENTRIES: Like my post on Facebook about this giveaway by CLICKING HERE and commenting with your favorite opera OR "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory" moment.
- 2 BONUS ENTRIES: Tweet This: I've entered to win 4 tix to the The Golden Ticket @TheAtlantaOpera from @MacKidSmyrna http://bit.ly/5cYo3Y
Rules: Must be a subscriber to Smyrna Vinings Marietta Macaroni Kid to enter. Must be 18 or older. Winner will be chosen at random on Wed., Feb. 1 2012. Once chosen, winner will have 48 hours to respond, or I will have to choose another winner. By entering this contest, you are automatically agreeing to be subscribed to receive SVM Macaroni Kid via email each week, if you are not already a subscriber.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC