August 1, 2012
August 1, 2012
- Summer Break is Coming To An End....
- Cathy Rigby is Peter Pan at the Fox!
- WIN IT! Kidz Bop 22 - Now in Stores
- Win a FAMILY PASS to Atlanta History Center
- WIN a TABLE FOR 6 For Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- Thanks to America!
- Macaroni Kid Reader Discounts!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Make Your Own Olympic T-Shirt
- What Elite Athletes Can Teach Our Kids
- ParaNorman - In Theaters August 17th
- Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day
- Zucchini Brownies
- Beat the Heat! Stay Cool This Summer
- Restaurant Directory: Kids Eat Free & Cheap
- SVM Macaroni Kid Mom’s Group Directory
August 8th is the day unload your excess zucchini
By: Laura Miller
Do you have a mountain of zucchini taking over your garden? Good news! August 8th is Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Day!
While this “National” holiday was certainly created in jest (internet legend says you should leave a big basketful under the cover or darkness!), if you know that your neighbors aren’t growing any of their own, they might truly appreciate your sneaking, especially if you print off your favorite zucchini recipe and leave it on their porch too.
The first time I heard about SSZOYNP Day, I was SO disappointed that no one left us some! Now we get a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box and have plenty, so I might be making a zucchini drop over by my neighbors (shhh…).
Are you going to sneak a zucchini onto your neighbor’s porch? Or are you hoping to get one? If you have a lot of your own, perhaps you might like to “guard” your porch (build a guard animal of some sort with zucchini?), or set a basket of your own zucchini out so your neighbors think someone already made a drop. And if you want zucchini, place a box on your porch and label it “Zucchini” and see what if you have any luck.
Whether giving, getting, or just giggling, enjoy the day and the dozen or so recipes you’ll need to use up all that zucchini!
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC