August 1, 2012
August 1, 2012
- Summer Break is Coming To An End....
- Cathy Rigby is Peter Pan at the Fox!
- WIN IT! Kidz Bop 22 - Now in Stores
- Win a FAMILY PASS to Atlanta History Center
- WIN a TABLE FOR 6 For Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- Thanks to America!
- Macaroni Kid Reader Discounts!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Make Your Own Olympic T-Shirt
- What Elite Athletes Can Teach Our Kids
- ParaNorman - In Theaters August 17th
- Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day
- Zucchini Brownies
- Beat the Heat! Stay Cool This Summer
- Restaurant Directory: Kids Eat Free & Cheap
- SVM Macaroni Kid Mom’s Group Directory
By: Ashley Woods
I am always trying to find healthy updates to classic favorites, but it is hard to find great ones that don't sacrifice flavor. These brownies leave nothing to be desired! They are so yummy and moist, your family will go crazy for them!
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2.5 medium)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oil, sugar, and 2 tsp vanilla until well blended. All the sugar will be moist.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture. "Batter" will be very dry and crumbly still, DO NOT ADD WATER or any other liquid, zucchini will add the moisture.
- Fold in the zucchini and walnuts.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies spring back when gently touched.
- To make the frosting, melt together the 6 tablespoons of cocoa and margarine; set aside to cool. In a medium bowl, blend together the confectioners' sugar, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in the cocoa mixture. Spread over cooled brownies before cutting into squares.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC